For the last installment in our wedding hair series, we want to give you six important questions to ask anyone you'd like to do your wedding day hair.
1. Do they have experience doing wedding hair? Additionally, if yes, how much? This might seem like a silly question, but ladies, wedding day hair brings additional challenges that not every stylist has tackled. And if you want an up do, keep in mind that not every stylist even likes doing them!
2. Do you go on site or do I come to the salon? Additionally, do you charge extra to travel to a location? This is a great question if you have a tight wedding day time line. If your wedding is in a more rural location, you might not have time to travel to a salon. If you have multiple girls getting their hair done, it might also be easier to have the stylist travel to your wedding location (or wherever you're getting ready).
3. Does your price include a hair trial? You'll want to do a hair trial a couple of weeks in advance. You'll want to test the hairstyle for durability and style, to see if it's flattering, and to see how it works with the headpieces you've picked out.
4. Can I see photos of past clients? And do you have references or reviews? You want to make sure the stylist can do the type of hairstyle you're requesting.
5. Do you book more than one wedding on a day, or do I have you exclusively? This is a great question if you're getting ready later in the day, as a previous engagement might run long and leave you behind schedule.
6. What's your back up plan in case you have an emergency on the day of my wedding? Since life can be unpredictable, you want to know that your stylist has a Plan B in case they can't make it.
As with all wedding vendors, we recommend securing a contract and day-of schedule.